Tuesday 1 January 2008

Previewing documents in Lotus Quickr

Another chapter in the RTFM series ....

I couldn't work out why I was getting errors such as: -

com.ibm.wps.dm.exporter.DocumentPreview extractDocument unable to convert

and: -

Stellent Conversion Error: File I/O Error

when I tried to preview files from Word, Excel, Autocad etc. using Lotus Quickr Services for WebSphere Portal.

Given that this had worked o-o-b on Windows, I was surprised to find that, on Linux, I needed to do some more setup to make it work.

Having read this section in the Information Centre, I found that I needed to set three environment variables to the script that I'm using to start Quickr: -

export PATH=/opt/IBM/Quickr/PortalServer/shared/app/oiexport:$PATH
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/IBM/Quickr/PortalServer/shared/app/oiexport:/usr/X11R6/lib/
export GDFONTPATH=/opt/IBM/Quickr/AppServer/java/jre/lib/fonts

Having done this, I restarted Quickr and all was well.

Again, a useful lesson learnt.

1 comment:

Dave Hay said...

Another useful tip - I've changed the Linux environment to allow it to start without the X11 environment, saving some precious RAM.

Simply changed the default runlevel in /etc/inittab from: -

id:5:initdefault:

to: -

id:3:initdefault:

Quickr runs without problems, and I can also confirm that the document previewing works as well.

Nice :-)

Visual Studio Code - Wow 🙀

Why did I not know that I can merely hit [cmd] [p]  to bring up a search box allowing me to search my project e.g. a repo cloned from GitHub...