Thursday 14 February 2008

Another day, some more neat technology

Having evangelised about WebSphere Portlet Factory all week, I thought I'd change tack and do something completely different today.

Therefore, I'm installing the latest beta of Lotus Notes 8.0.1, as I'm hoping to see/use the Quickr Connector from within the Notes sidebar, finally allowing me to drag/drop attachments out of emails into Quickr places in the same way as I do so into Activities.

This will help me separate the stuff I want to keep ( in Quickr ) with the stuff that's more transient e.g. based around specific tasks/projects.

The other trick will then be to include links from the Quickr document ( all nice n' secure, with backups, version control etc. ) in the Activity, rather than bloating my Connections server with content that should be held in a much better place.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again - BETA FOR BOYS, GOLD FOR GIRLS ( not my phrase ! )

No comments:

Visual Studio Code - Wow 🙀

Why did I not know that I can merely hit [cmd] [p]  to bring up a search box allowing me to search my project e.g. a repo cloned from GitHub...