Thursday 2 October 2008

IBM WebSphere Portal 6.1 Beta - NEW AND UPDATED

Yes, you heard it right - IBM has released a NEW and UPDATED beta for WebSphere Portal 6.1; namely 6.1.0.1, with the following features: -
  • WebSphere Application Server (WAS) 7.0 (toleration level support as the underlying Application server)
  • IBM DB2 9.5
  • Oracle 11g R1 11.1.0.6
  • Windows Active Directory 2008 (excludes Application mode),
  • Firefox 3 browser
  • Apple Safari 3 browser
  • Opera 9.5 browser (on Vista OS)
  • Windows IIS 7
  • Apache HTTP Server 2.2 (for use with WAS 7 environments only)
The beta is available as a VMware image, which is rather nice :-)

There is also a new "drop" of the Rational Application Developer V7.5 beta as well.

Please see this page for details.

****UPDATED 5 OCTOBER 2008****

Having following the link for the RAD 7.5 beta here, it's now clear that RAD 7.5 was GA as of September 30, so I guess I'll have to go and download it from the normal PPA site

****UPDATED 5 OCTOBER 2008****

2 comments:

Tony Palmer said...

Beta as a VM, I like it...

Dave Hay said...

@tony - have downloaded the VM, but haven't yet had a chance to actually start it up .....

Visual Studio Code - Wow 🙀

Why did I not know that I can merely hit [cmd] [p]  to bring up a search box allowing me to search my project e.g. a repo cloned from GitHub...