Sunday 16 November 2008

openSuSE 11 - My First Day Out ...

Downloaded the DVD ISO image of openSuSE last night, with a view to building a lightweight portal demonstration using WebSphere Portal Server ( limited installation with less portlets than normal ).

Having downloaded the ISO image, I installed it into a VMware image using VMware Workstation 6.5, but wondered why I couldn't get VMware Tools to install.

Happily I found this blog post from a whizzy City dude, and my problems are over.

Apparently, SuSE have included an open-source VM tools package ( open-vm-tools-2008.04.14-21.1.i586.rpm ) which is automagically installed when the VMware image is built.

Nice !

No comments:

Visual Studio Code - Wow 🙀

Why did I not know that I can merely hit [cmd] [p]  to bring up a search box allowing me to search my project e.g. a repo cloned from GitHub...