Sunday 16 November 2008

Trouble trying to mount ...

a USB drive under openSuSE :-)

I've chosen to run my openSuSE VMware image at runlevel 3 ( e.g. no X11 ) by changing: -

id:5:initdefault:

to: -

id:3:initdefault:

in /etc/inittab.

This means that mounting USB drives is a bit more difficult, as I have to remember the syntax of the mount command ( and/or use /etc/fstab ).

Therefore, although I was able to mount my NTFS-formatted Lenovo USB drive via the command mount /dev/sdc1 /mnt, I wasn't able to edit files or change file permissions.

Of course, the solution was to change my mount command to mount -t ntfs-3g /dev/sdc1 /mnt and ... I'm good to go.

No comments:

Visual Studio Code - Wow 🙀

Why did I not know that I can merely hit [cmd] [p]  to bring up a search box allowing me to search my project e.g. a repo cloned from GitHub...