Monday 5 January 2009

Curses on social networking :-)

Six months ago, I was a complete n00b when it came to social networking - I'd really only set up this blog back in early 2007 as a way of documenting things that I might someday wish to refer back to - and I frequently do look back.

As an example, I installed VMware Workstation 6.5 on Ubuntu earlier today, and referred back to this post to remember how to fix the borked keyboard when running Windows VMware images.

Fast forward to October or November when I joined Facebook after months of gentle encouragement from friends and colleagues including Ray. Then I discovered the completely addictive waste of time that is Twitter, and my "life" went out the window.

Well, today, I'm ashamed to announce that I've found another complete waste of time - Last.FM - and am happily listening to music and artists that I'd almost wiped from my short and longer term memory.

Seriously, life is good, but I can see my (ahem) work-day increasing as I find more things to do that require a network connection.

Now, did someone say that there is an iPod / iPhone application for Last.FM ???

No comments:

Visual Studio Code - Wow 🙀

Why did I not know that I can merely hit [cmd] [p]  to bring up a search box allowing me to search my project e.g. a repo cloned from GitHub...