Tuesday 9 June 2009

Solved - Sametime chat windows disappearing off the screen on OSX

At some point this morning, I'd managed to extend my Sametime chat window ( I use a row of horizontal chat tabs within one window ) to the point where it was hiding under the Dock ( I'm using Lotus Notes 8.5 and Sametime 8.0.1 on OSX 10.5.7 ).


I couldn't get at the little draggy pointer on the bottom right-hand corner of the window, and thus couldn't resize the window - this was very annoying as I couldn't see the status of chat recipients e.g. "So- and-so is typing", "Mr Thingy is off-line" etc. and also couldn't see whether the files I'd sent to someone via a chat were being received or not.


Thanks to the power of the intraweb, I was able to solve the problem, and it's quite obvious really - there are three little blobs on the top right-hand corner of any OSX window; red, amber and green. Red closes the window, amber minimises the window and green maximises the window.








I hit the green blob and, c'est voila, the chat window expanded to fill the entire screen, from where I can then resize it.


Obvious really ...

No comments:

Visual Studio Code - Wow 🙀

Why did I not know that I can merely hit [cmd] [p]  to bring up a search box allowing me to search my project e.g. a repo cloned from GitHub...