Thursday 27 August 2009

It's Lotus Notes email, Jim, but not as we know it ...

During a recent project, we came across a requirement to provide access to a user's email on a portal page, without using the normal iNotes ( Domino Web Access ) or POP/IMAP mail portlets.

Not sure what led me to this, but I thought ... I wonder whether Domino has some kind of Atom/RSS syndication mechanism ? And, guess what, it does ....

I added the following lines to the NOTES.INI file on the Domino server: -

iNotes_WA_Feeds=rss,atom
iNotes_WA_FeedsSecured=0
iNotes_WA_FeedsProtocol=http
iNotes_WA_DisableForceBasicAuthForFeeds=1

and restarted Domino ( although I probably could have simply reloaded the HTTP task via TELL HTTP RESTART ).

Lo and behold, I can now subscribe to my inbox via the URL: -

2 comments:

IdoNotes said...

This ability showed it's ugly head in 8.0 and is good for notifications in mail-in type databases but horrible for users since they dont need to click and click to act on a message.

Dave Hay said...

Hey, for our demo, it met the functional requirements, and was "Good Enough (TM)" :-)

Visual Studio Code - Wow 🙀

Why did I not know that I can merely hit [cmd] [p]  to bring up a search box allowing me to search my project e.g. a repo cloned from GitHub...