Wednesday 23 September 2009

WSADMIN saved my metaphorical bacon

We hit a problem earlier today where, due to some weirdness caused by a LTPA token export (?), the WAS server underlying Lotus Quickr Services for WebSphere Portal ( WebSphere_Portal ) failed to start.

Worse still, we also were not able to start the server1 instance, meaning that we couldn't get back into the admin. console to resolve the problem

Thankfully, this Technote got me out of the hot water: -


In essence, you simply disable security for WAS: -
  • cd $WAS_HOME/bin
  • Run: -
wsadmin -conntype NONE
  • Wait until wsadmin responds

  • Issue the securityoff command (no space between security and off)

  • Issue the exit command.
Job done. We were then able to start server1 and resolve the security problem ( we actually ended up re-running the ConfigWizard script to re-enable LDAP security ).

No comments:

Visual Studio Code - Wow 🙀

Why did I not know that I can merely hit [cmd] [p]  to bring up a search box allowing me to search my project e.g. a repo cloned from GitHub...