Wednesday 9 June 2010

WebSphere Portlet Factory 6.1.5 on Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Following a previous posting earlier this year, I've again installed WebSphere Portlet Factory Designer 6.1.5 and WebSphere Portal Server 6.1.5 on Ubuntu, but - this time - I'm using Ubuntu 10.04 on a 64-bit Lenovo Thinkpad W500 with 4 GB RAM.

So far, things are much as before - however, the trick with XULRunner outlined in Ben's blog posting here no longer seemed to work. Therefore, I needed to add: -

-Dorg.eclipse.swt.browser.XULRunnerPath=/usr/lib/firefox-3.6.3/

to /opt/eclipse/eclipse.ini, which means that Firefox is launched by WPF directly.

I also needed to replace dash with bash as the default sh shell: -

cd /bin
unlink sh
ln -s /bin/bash sh

Apart from that, so far, so good ....

No comments:

Visual Studio Code - Wow 🙀

Why did I not know that I can merely hit [cmd] [p]  to bring up a search box allowing me to search my project e.g. a repo cloned from GitHub...