Saturday 4 December 2010

Running LDAP on Lotus Domino 8.5.2 on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.5

Following an earlier post, I was looking for a quick way to only start the Domino LDAP task on a Linux box.

Whilst this is easy-peasy on Windows, it's less so on Linux.

The LDAP task itself exists here: -

/opt/ibm/lotus/notes/85020/linux/ldap

but, if one simply executes this task ( as the notes or root user ), the exception: -

/opt/ibm/lotus/notes/85020/linux/ldap: error while loading shared libraries: libnotes.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

pops up.

Looking at this Technote, which actually relates to a problem with Tivoli Storage Manager for Mail, and advises how to overcome the problem by creating symbolic links to three Domino libraries: -

libnotes.so
libndgts.so
libxmlproc.so

Following this advice, I created three links

ln -s /opt/ibm/lotus/notes/latest/linux/libnotes.so /usr/lib
ln -s /opt/ibm/lotus/notes/latest/linux/libndgts.so /usr/lib
ln -s /opt/ibm/lotus/notes/latest/linux/libxmlproc.so /usr/lib

This now allows me to run the ldap task as follows: -

su - notes
cd /local/notesdata
/opt/ibm/lotus/notes/latest/linux/ldap

or, even more simply, via a simple script that I can run as root: -

ldap.sh

su notes -c "cd /local/notesdata; /opt/ibm/lotus/notes/latest/linux/ldap; "

Job's a good 'un

No comments:

Visual Studio Code - Wow 🙀

Why did I not know that I can merely hit [cmd] [p]  to bring up a search box allowing me to search my project e.g. a repo cloned from GitHub...