Friday 16 December 2011

Web Content Authoring within a Virtual Portal

Having had a number of conversations about Virtual Portals this week, I though this post from Cody Burleson was definitely worth a read.

Though it is not necessary to have a unique WCM Authoring UI per virtual portal, there are some reasons why you might find it useful. Here are three that I can think of:

• Configuring a unique WCM Authoring UI in a virtual portal can allow you to configure specific Authoring Portlet preferences. For example: which libraries are visible to the portlet and relevant to the virtual portal.
• Previewing items from within WCM in a virtual portal context can automatically render the previews inside of the virtual portal's theme.
• Content authors may get confused by switching between the virtual portal and base portal. Directing all access beyond the virtual portal context path can simplify things.

No comments:

Visual Studio Code - Wow 🙀

Why did I not know that I can merely hit [cmd] [p]  to bring up a search box allowing me to search my project e.g. a repo cloned from GitHub...