Sunday 8 January 2012

Free to evaluate - IBM InfoSphere BigInsights Basic Edition

Was reading about Big Data earlier today, and then saw this plop into my in-box 

IBM InfoSphere BigInsights Basic Edition is an integrated, tested and pre-configured, no charge download for anyone who wants to experiment with Hadoop.

InfoSphere BigInsights Basic Edition, our entry-level offering, is available at no charge for download, installation, and use. Solutions developed using InfoSphere BigInsights Basic Edition can be deployed using BigInsights Enterprise Edition. It includes the following:

• Fully integrated, completely compatible – Integrated install of Apache Hadoop and associated open source components from the Apache Hadoop ecosystem.
• Web-based management console for a real-time view of your BigInsights environment.
• Easy integration with IBM InfoSphere Warehouse, IBM Smart Analytics System, and DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows.
• Jaql, a query language that facilitates analysis of both structured (through a SQL-like interface) and non-traditional data types.
• Optional IBM Elite Support for 24x7 phone and web support.

One of my New Year resolutions for 2012 is to learn more about stuff that I don't normal come into contact with in my role as a Collaboration Solutions Architect, so BigData sounds like a challenge ….

Want to know more ?

I do, so I'll go and download BigInsights from here.

No comments:

Visual Studio Code - Wow 🙀

Why did I not know that I can merely hit [cmd] [p]  to bring up a search box allowing me to search my project e.g. a repo cloned from GitHub...