Wednesday 14 March 2012

IBM Connections 3.X - No need to use Xsoftrefthreshold16 any longer ...

I've been looking at our IBM Connections 3.0.1 environment, specifically focusing on the DEVELOPMENT server, as I was implementing CA Wily Introscope as part of a monitoring and diagnosis regime.

Introscope requires that we set some JVM parameters in order that the relevant Wily classes be loaded.

Whilst I was configuring the JVM for the WAS instance that hosts the Profiles cluster, I noticed that the parameter: -

-Xsoftrefthreshold16

had been set: -

….
   <jvmEntries xmi:id="JavaVirtualMachine_1312972602953" verboseModeClass="false" verboseModeGarbageCollection="false" verboseModeJNI="false" maximumHeapSize="2506" runHProf="false" hprofArguments="" debugMode="false" debugArgs="-agentlib:jdwp=transport=dt_socket,server=y,suspend=n,address=7777" genericJvmArguments="-Xgcpolicy:gencon -Djava.awt.headless=true -javaagent:/opt/IBM/WebSphere/wily/Agent.jar-Xsoftrefthreshold16" executableJarFileName="" disableJIT="false">
….


This parameter is referenced in the LC2.5 Tuning Guide and your JMP205 Lotus Connections Deployment Best Practices guide.

However, I was wondering whether we still needed it with Connections 3.0.1.

So I checked with my colleagues in the IC Development labs ….

… and the answer is "No, this parameter is no longer required or recommended".

Out it  comes ……..

No comments:

Visual Studio Code - Wow 🙀

Why did I not know that I can merely hit [cmd] [p]  to bring up a search box allowing me to search my project e.g. a repo cloned from GitHub...