Wednesday 13 June 2012

Lotus Notes - Internet Emails and Images

I've seen this a few times recently - colleagues and partners send me emails, which include images i.e. signature blocks etc. but the images come through as attachments rather than in-line.

I had this issue myself last year - I was emailing a large community of people, and was using their internet addresses i.e. david_hay@uk.ibm.com rather than their Notes IDs i.e. Dave Hay/UK/IBM.

This is easily resolved in the Notes location document, as follows: -


In other words, change Format for messages address to internet addresses from Notes Rich Text Format to MIME Format.

This Wiki article says it much better :-)


Caveat: It goes without saying, but I'll say it anyway, if in doubt about this setting, please check with your Domino administrator - there may be a good reason why it's set other than MIME Format.


No comments:

Visual Studio Code - Wow 🙀

Why did I not know that I can merely hit [cmd] [p]  to bring up a search box allowing me to search my project e.g. a repo cloned from GitHub...