Monday 23 July 2012

Potty Password Problems with IBM Tivoli Directory Integrator and IBM Connections

This seen last week whilst trying to add new users into my IBM Connections 3.0.1 environment using IBM Tivoli Directory Integration 7.0.05

javax.naming.NamingException: [LDAP: error code 1 - 000004DC: LdapErr: DSID-0C0906DC, comment: In order to perform this operation a successful bind must be completed on the connection., data 0, v1db0 ]; remaining name ''

When I checked profiles_tdi.properties I found that the LDAP password wasn't properly set, with: -

{protect}-source_ldap_user_password={encr}

rather than: -

{protect}-source_ldap_user_password={encr}89ae788e9f88bbc8877a7729e99ac9d990ea

Simple when you know ...

No comments:

Visual Studio Code - Wow 🙀

Why did I not know that I can merely hit [cmd] [p]  to bring up a search box allowing me to search my project e.g. a repo cloned from GitHub...