Monday 3 December 2012

Using IBM Installation Manager to report on what's installed

In this very brief post, I outline how I use IBM Installation Manager (IIM) to produce a brief listing of the packages and features installed on my server.

I used this for IBM Business Process Manager (BPM) version 8, but it'd be equally good for other IIM-based products, including WAS, Portal, Connections, WODM etc.

Here's the command: -

for i in `/opt/IBM/InstallationManager/eclipse/tools/imcl listInstalledPackages`; do echo "Package" $i "contains Feature(s): -"; /opt/IBM/InstallationManager/eclipse/tools/imcl listInstalledFeatures $i; done

and here's a full-on Bash script: -

#!/bin/bash
for i in `/opt/IBM/InstallationManager/eclipse/tools/imcl listInstalledPackages`
do
echo "Package" $i "contains Feature(s): -"
/opt/IBM/InstallationManager/eclipse/tools/imcl listInstalledFeatures $i
done


No comments:

Visual Studio Code - Wow 🙀

Why did I not know that I can merely hit [cmd] [p]  to bring up a search box allowing me to search my project e.g. a repo cloned from GitHub...