Saturday 12 January 2013

Ooops, now I understand what WebSphere Message Broker Toolkit is trying to tell me

Hot on the heels of my earlier posts: -


and: -


I fired up the Toolkit's Default Configuration Wizard, which almost immediately failed with: -

Jan 12, 2013 8:00:07 AM com.ibm.etools.mft.eou.wizards.EouWizard logAction
INFO: Verifying that the user has sufficient group authority for brokers commands.
Jan 12, 2013 8:00:07 AM com.ibm.etools.mft.eou.wizards.EouWizard logAction
SEVERE: Insufficient authority: user must be in groups mqm and mqbrkrs.


( Source: /home/wasadmin/IBM/wmbt80/workspace/.metadata/DefaultConfigurationWizard.log )

When I checked the group membership of the user wasadmin: -

( as root )

$ id wasadmin

uid=503(wasadmin) gid=503(mqbrkrs) groups=503(mqbrkrs),504(mqm)

I could see that the user was in BOTH groups.

However, I then realised that I'd not restarted that user's shell since I added mqm. I validated this by simply running the id command from the current shell: -

$ id

uid=503(wasadmin) gid=503(mqbrkrs) groups=503(mqbrkrs)

Once I restarted the shell: -

$ exit

logout

$ su - wasadmin
$ id

uid=503(wasadmin) gid=503(mqbrkrs) groups=503(mqbrkrs),504(mqm)

the Wizard ran through to completion: -

Verifying that the user has sufficient group authority for brokers commands.
The task succeeded

Verifying that the default queue manager [MB8QMGR] does not already exist.
The task succeeded

Verifying that the default broker [MB8BROKER] does not already exist.
The task succeeded

Creating the default broker [MB8BROKER] and the queue manager [MB8QMGR].
The task succeeded

Changing the configuration of the default broker. [MB8BROKER]
The task succeeded

Searching for the WMQ version.
The task succeeded

Creating a listener for queue manager [MB8QMGR] on port 2414.
The task succeeded

Starting the default broker [MB8BROKER].
The task succeeded

Creating the default execution group.
The task succeeded


 ++++++++++
  All tasks were completed successfully.
 ++++++++++


Easy when you know how :-)

No comments:

Visual Studio Code - Wow 🙀

Why did I not know that I can merely hit [cmd] [p]  to bring up a search box allowing me to search my project e.g. a repo cloned from GitHub...