Friday 11 October 2013

WebSphere Application Server - Failure to Stop

If you see this: -

SystemOut.log

[10/10/13 10:48:31:935 BST] 0000003a RoleBasedAuth A   SECJ0305I: The role-based authorization check failed for admin-authz operation Server:stop.  The user E01619367 (unique ID: user:defaultwimfilebasedrealm/t=e81822,ou=people,o=foobar) was not granted any of the following required roles: operator, administrator.

and: -

FFDC

javax.management.JMRuntimeException: ADMN0022E: Access is denied for the stop operation on Server MBean because of insufficient or empty credentials.
        at com.ibm.ws.management.AdminServiceImpl.preInvoke(AdminServiceImpl.java:2378)
        at com.ibm.ws.management.AdminServiceImpl$1.run(AdminServiceImpl.java:1308)


when attempting to stop a WAS server/cluster, as the error says, you don't have authority.

This occurred to me because I was logged into WAS with a normal user, to whom I'd given ONLY the Administrator role.

However, I'd NOT given the user the Operator role.

Once I did that, all was well ;-)

Which is nice …..

No comments:

Visual Studio Code - Wow 🙀

Why did I not know that I can merely hit [cmd] [p]  to bring up a search box allowing me to search my project e.g. a repo cloned from GitHub...