Thursday 24 April 2014

How to get rid of smart quotes in OS X Mavericks!

I was getting cross with TextEdit in OS X Mavericks this afternoon, as it kept automatically converting single ( ' ) and double ( " ) quotes in my text.

Given that I'm then pasting this text into Terminal sessions, causing issues such as: -

wsadmin>AdminTask.registerWithJobManager('[-host rhel6.uk.ibm.com -port 9943 -user jobadmin -password passw0rd]')
Traceback (innermost last):
  (no code object) at line 0
  File "<input>", line 1
AdminTask.registerWithJobManager('[-host rhel6.uk.ibm.com -port 9943 -user jobadmin -password passw0rd]')
                                 ^
SyntaxError: Lexical error at line 1, column 34.  Encountered: "\u2018" (8216), after : ""

Thankfully, this blog post came to my rescue: -


Thanks to Scott Shaffer for his help :-)

No comments:

Visual Studio Code - Wow 🙀

Why did I not know that I can merely hit [cmd] [p]  to bring up a search box allowing me to search my project e.g. a repo cloned from GitHub...