Tuesday 29 December 2015

Windows Update - Refuses to Update

I've had this problem a few times in the past.

I find that freshly-squeezed VMs running Windows Server 2008 R2 ( built on VMware Fusion using an ISO downloaded from Microsoft Developer Network - MSDN ) simply refuse to update.

I run the Windows Update tool, click the "Check for Updates" button and am immediately told that no updates are available i.e. that I'm up to date, even though I know that I'm using a piece of software that was released in 2009.

The solution ?

Google :-)

The solution ! 

Install an update to … Windows Update :-)

Found here: -


which is nice :-)

No comments:

Visual Studio Code - Wow 🙀

Why did I not know that I can merely hit [cmd] [p]  to bring up a search box allowing me to search my project e.g. a repo cloned from GitHub...