Sunday 9 October 2016

Puppet - Encoding passwords

Following my earlier post: -

I've started to tinker with the password encoding used within my Puppet manifests, including: -

/etc/puppetlabs/code/environments/production/manifests/site.pp 

Examples I found include: -

openssl passwd

Password: 
Verifying - Password: 
wSUVRODxRh59Q


openssl passwd -1

Password: 
Verifying - Password: 
$1$QHrozUY1$J8uvUgRx6V3jCqRC3q2wJ/


openssl passwd -apr1

Password: 
Verifying - Password: 
$apr1$7o9oTmrU$g9YnU1GJAD2LyHSTx7QSn.

openssl passwd -apr1 -salt h0rseb4tt3ryst4pl3

Password: 
$apr1$h0rseb4t$PflgktUQ0fcqSueUWztXO1

openssl passwd -crypt passw0rd

6rEFc2B8cGg0o

openssl passwd -crypt -salt rq passw0rd

rqY5lYM7k1f/A

grub-crypt --sha-512

Password: 
Retype password: 
$6$l/WrqcawyLs/z5Tb$tPfOItey4nES5rh6FTY7D/x8OuQuk511Zz91Bswqydlh8mV2omBsUSMENfzSLsLTm//UZ1Z0jxNY4oUTaiWvW.

and so on.

Source: -


No comments:

Visual Studio Code - Wow 🙀

Why did I not know that I can merely hit [cmd] [p]  to bring up a search box allowing me to search my project e.g. a repo cloned from GitHub...