Monday 9 January 2017

IBM Business Process Manager 8.5.7 - Web Process Designer

This caught me out, albeit briefly.

I'm using the very latest IBM BPM 8.5.7 with the December 2016 update, and am running through a tutorial: -

Hiring Tutorial: Create the process

One thing that I noticed was that, even if I created the Process Application in the Eclipse-based Process Designer tool, I was still automatically directed to the web-based Process Designer tool when I created a new Process.

I looked here: -


and found this table: -


which highlighted where I was going wrong.

I was creating a Process as opposed to a Business Process Definition (BPD).

Whilst one can create a BPD using the Eclipse PD tool, one can only create a Process using the web-based PD tool.

Easy when you know how ...

No comments:

Visual Studio Code - Wow 🙀

Why did I not know that I can merely hit [cmd] [p]  to bring up a search box allowing me to search my project e.g. a repo cloned from GitHub...