Wednesday 5 July 2017

For the record, enabling Application Security in WebSphere Application Server

For context, I'm building an IBM Operational Decision Manager 8.9 environment, as part of a migration from an older version of ODM ( 8.0 ).

I needed to enable Application Security; Administrative Security was enabled when I created the profile: -

/opt/ibm/WebSphere/AppServer/bin/manageprofiles.sh -create -templatePath /opt/ibm/WebSphere/AppServer/profileTemplates/management -profileName Dmgr01 -profilePath /opt/ibm/WebSphereProfiles/Dmgr01 -nodeName Dmgr -isDefault -enableAdminSecurity true -adminUserName wasadmin -adminPassword passw0rd

and the IBM Knowledge Centre didn't seem to give me a clue: -


Happily this blog post: -


gave me what I needed: -

Start WSAdmin Client

/opt/ibm/WebSphereProfiles/Dmgr01/bin/wsadmin.sh -lang jython -user wasadmin -password passw0rd

Validate whether Application Security is enabled

print AdminTask.isAppSecurityEnabled()

false

Enable Application Security

securityConfigID = AdminConfig.getid("/Security:/")
AdminConfig.modify(securityConfigID,[['appEnabled','true']])


Validate whether Application Security is enabled

print AdminTask.isAppSecurityEnabled()

true

Save and Sync

AdminConfig.save()
AdminNodeManagement.syncActiveNodes()


Quit

quit

Job done

No comments:

Visual Studio Code - Wow 🙀

Why did I not know that I can merely hit [cmd] [p]  to bring up a search box allowing me to search my project e.g. a repo cloned from GitHub...